Owensboro-Daviess County Regional Airport is dedicated to providing its customers with a pleasant travel experience.
Services and facilities to assist passengers with disabilities are provided throughout the terminal building.
- All entry and exit doorways feature oversized automatic doors designed to allow comfortable wheelchair access.
- Airlines provide wheelchairs and luggage assistance for special needs passengers.
- Restrooms feature large entryways for easy access and have at least one stall equipped for special needs guests.
Lost & Found
Lost and Found items are held by the Owensboro-Daviess County Regional Airport Authority located in the administrative office. To inquire about missing items call (270) 685-4179.
There is a historical wall across from the baggage service area where you can see individuals from Owensboro that have accomplished various occupations. Artwork on the baggage service wall and at the gate area are works of local Owensboro artists.
OWENSBORO-DAVIESS COUNTY REGIONAL AIRPORT (OWB) EMERGENCY CONTINGENCY PLAN
OWB has prepared this Emergency Contingency Plan pursuant to §42301 of the FAA Modernization and Reform Act of 2012. Questions regarding this plan can be directed to Mr. Bob Whitmer at email@example.com. OWB is filing this plan with the Department of Transportation because:
- It is a commercial airport – or
- This airport may be used by an air carrier described in USC 42301(a)(1) for diversions.
This plan describes how, following excessive tarmac delays and to the extent practicable, OWB will:
- Provide for the deplanement of passengers;
- Provide for the sharing of facilities and make gates available at the airport; and
- Provide a sterile area following excessive tarmac delays for passengers who have not yet cleared United States Customs & Border Protection (CBP).
OWB has facility constraints that limit our ability to accommodate diverted flights or maintain the airport’s safe operation and strongly encourages aircraft operators to contact the airport at
(270) 685-4179 for prior coordination of diverted flights, except in the case of a declared in-flight emergency. Specific facility constraints include the following:
- GPU unavailable
- Lavatory Cart unavailable
- Air Start unavailable
- Jet Way unavailable
- Lack of international passenger processing facilities
Name of Airport: Owensboro-Daviess County Regional Airport (OWB)
Name and title of person preparing the plan: Mr. Bob Whitmer
Preparer contact number: (270) 685-4179
Preparer contact e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Date of submission of plan: 09/30/2013
Airport Category: Large Hub [ ] Medium Hub [ ] Small Hub [ ] Non Hub [X]
In the event of diversion or other irregular operations events, aircraft operators should contact the Airport Duty Manager at (270) 315-5027 or (270) 222-1074 for assistance.
Plan to Provide for the Deplanement of Passengers Following Excessive Tarmac Delays
OWB has limited equipment and personnel needed to safely deplane passengers from air carrier aircraft. We will utilize this equipment to deplane passengers as soon as practicable after receiving requests from such airlines at the contact number listed above. We will also provide a list of airlines, ground handlers, fixed base operators and others who may have the necessary equipment and personnel to safely deplane passengers to airlines as soon as practicable after receiving requests from such airlines experiencing excessive tarmac delays at the contact number listed above.
Plan to Provide for the Sharing of Facilities and Make Gates Available in an Emergency
The gates at OWB are under common use gate leases permits, or agreements to air carriers and are controlled by the airport. We direct our common use air carrier users to make gates and other facilities available to an air carrier seeking to deplane at a gate to the maximum extent practicable.
Plan to Provide a Sterile Area for Passengers Who Have Not Cleared United States Customs and Border Protection
OWB does not have international passenger processing facilities. We will coordinate with local CBP and law enforcement officials to identify suitable areas and procedures for establishing a temporary sterile area into which international passengers on diverted aircraft who have not yet cleared United States Customs and Border Protection can be deplaned. Once these efforts are complete, we will coordinate with local CBP officials to develop procedures that will allow international passengers who have not yet cleared United States Customs and Border Protection to be deplaned into these sterile areas to the extent practicable.
Public Access to the Emergency Contingency Plan
OWB will provide public access to its emergency contingency plan through one or more of the following means:
• Posting in a conspicuous location on the airport website (http://www.owb.net.com)